Welcome to 1, 2, 3 soleil, the French speaking baby and toddler group in Cambridge.
We meet every Monday (term time) 10am-12pm at the Mill Road Baptist Church, 178 Mill Road, CB1 3LP. Click here for directions.
The cost is £3 per session per family or £25 for a 10-session pass (saving of £5) valid one year from date of purchase. This cost covers the rent, fruits, tea and coffee.
10:00 French story time
10:15 French rhymes and songs
10:45 Snack time, tea/coffee
11:00 Free play, crafts, puzzles
11:45 Tidy up time
Come and join us!
WHAT IS 1, 2, 3 SOLEIL?
We are a parent, baby and toddler group whose aim is to maintain the French culture and language amongst French speaking families far away from their countries of origin. The playgroup is for children from birth to 5 years of age. We are also happy to help families settle in who have recently moved to the area.
WHO IS 1, 2, 3 SOLEIL FOR?
1, 2, 3 soleil is open to any family linked in some way to the Francophone culture. Rest assured, you don’t have to be francophone to attend. You can come simply if you enjoy the French language or would like your children exposed to it. We provide a meeting point for French speaking people and allow them to recreate and enjoy French traditions so that their children get familiar and feel connected to the French culture.
HOW DO WE BRING THE FRENCH CULTURE TO LIFE IN CAMBRIDGE?
- We have created a library of over 500 French books. Click here for more info on our library.
- We introduce the children to a Francophone environment where it is easy to speak French.
- We facilitate the meeting of French-speaking families.
- We organise themed activities led by the parents (stories, songs, nursery rhymes, games, art & crafts…). These activities reflect the French traditions throughout the year and encourage children to feel rooted in the French culture.
- We celebrate our traditional Christmas, Galette des rois, Shrove Tuesday, Easter, and more… Check out our calendar of events and activities here.
Coming soon our Christmas Party, find out more here